Monday, April 12, 2010

Destin Airshow

No airshow would be complete with pictures of the aircraft. Now let me just say, that give me a US Army helicopter and I can probably tell you the name, however, fixed wing is not my thing. But, Andy can probably name off every airplane ever flown in the US military so I start picking up pointless crap that I hear and then file it away in the darkest corner of my brain, only to be recalled if I am ever on Jeopardy and no sooner. And because a F-22 means nothing to me, he has to explain it in Hollywood terms, such as:

"At the end of Pearl Harbor, Alec Baldwin, Josh Hartnet, and Ben Affleck, flew these, you know, Jimmy Doolittle?"

"this one was in Transformers"
"The little one dropped paratroopers out of it on D-day, the big one is just a cargo plane"
"You know, what they flew in Black Sheep Squadron"
And the Thunderbirds, well I had seen them before.
And showing the size comparison of a wheel to the kids
Andy talking shop with the pilot of the Osprey (you know, the one from Transformers?)
Virtual Army. Where is the virtual paper pushing?
However, first things first, we must feed the babies
grrrrrr
And what mommy did the whole time
hey, what do you know, the camera is still in my hand


All in all, it was a fun day, even if Addy refused to sleep on the way home and screamed instead. So what if mommy had a sinus headache.

0 comments: