Today the March of Dimes is raising awareness for prematurity. 1 in 8 babies are born before 37 weeks, the rate of premature births have risen 30% since 1981. The March of Dimes is trying to find out why and how to prevent this from happening.



My twins were born at 35 weeks and 2 days. They were considered "late pre-termers", they were the size of a full term baby, but lacked lung maturity. We were blessed in the fact that Addy only spent 12 hours being monitored for breathing issues and was soon with us. Jake however, spent 26 days in NICU for Respiratory Distress Syndrome. He spent a week on the ventilator and then an additional 15 days on a nasal cannula.
Those 26 days were the longest I think I had ever experienced. I can only imagine the feelings of parents whose babies were born earlier.
Share your story on your blog and help support the March of Dimes.

0 comments:
Post a Comment