Let me just say that I am never moving again. I don't care what the Army says. Here is a brief run down of everything that went wrong.
1. Jake got sick.
2. We had more stuff then we had thought and stressed about it all fitting. It did in the end.
3. The first night in the hotel, no hot water. I showered with cold, because I wanted a shower THAT much.
4. Second day, no water at all.
5. Oh and the car hauler we were supposed to get monday with the truck was MIA. We didn't get it until wednesday morning AFTER I called and raised hell with Budget.
6. Andy's leave was messed up so instead of leaving with us on wednesday afternoon, he couldn't sign out until midnight. So me and mom drove to Savannah and then Andy got on the road at midnight, he made it in after 9am.
7. It was super humid loading and unloading the truck. Where was the cold weather we were promised?
8. And last, but not least, I win the mother of the year award for 2010, I managed to sprain Jake's right ankle. One trip to the ER, that we had to Google to find, resulted in a 2.5 hour visit with 2 toddlers, past nap time and lunch, and one wrapped ankle.
Yeah. Loads of fun. This past week has a complete blur and we are all still catching up on sleep.
But the good stuff that happened
1. The walk through on the house went smoothly
2. Closing took all of 30 mins downtown
3. The truck is unloaded
4. there is a method to the madness of boxes (Addy got stuck somehow and started hollering at one point)
5. And we are learning the joys of home ownership and the honey-do list. Currently he is on mini-blinds and ceiling fans. Chop chop honey.
the kids are doing fine in their separate rooms, I really thought it was going to be rough separating them after 15 months of being together. But they have taken it in stride and seem to be sleeping better. Always a good thing.
Once things settle down, I'll post pictures, but right now, I want my food from Longhorn more.
0 comments:
Post a Comment