Friday, October 16, 2009
Bed time
The kids have had the same bed time routine since Jake come home, they have a bath at 7pm and then their final bottle between 730 and 9 just depending on when they ate last; they lay in our bed with us between the bath and bottle. I have come to love this time with them because they are in such a good mood and just talk up a storm, until they get still enough and pass out. Once they pass out, they can not be laying within reach of each other, they love to hit and kick the other one and wake them up. Just now, Jake woke up all of a sudden and just started kicking and flailing the arms, if Addy had been within reach she would have gotten a fist to the face. It can be entertaining, but still, its just easier on everyone to not be within reach of someone else, parents included.
This is the set up when it's just me and the kids:
When we are both home for bedtime, we each take a kid so it makes it easier. Of course doing bath time with both kids takes some creativity. One kid has to lay in the floor while I bathe the other and get them dressed and then switch, most times the baby not in the bathtub is happy, but like tonight Addy had finally had enough so I was trying to finish up with Jake and keep her happy. I think she just like seeing me make a fool of myself.
The kids are in sleepers tonight rather than the usual sleep sacks, its supposed to get down into the low 40's tonight so I want their feet covered. Andy likes the sacks because its easier to change diapers and doesn't have to worry about misbuttoning them, but the kids sleep from 9-6am so its not like we are a sleep deprived like in the beginning, well Andy says he is still catching up on lost sleep...........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
They are so cute!! God bless them. I like their faces, enjoy your kids they grow so fastttttt. My twins are 3 and I love every minute with them.
Have a wonderful weekend.
That is great that both babies are sleeping through the night. Although 6am is really early for me, I would take 9-6 over my current 11-3, then 3:30-7:30 routine. Anyhow, your kiddos look to be doing great!
Post a Comment