Saturday, August 15, 2009

We're all home

We have made it home with both babies!! It was a long month with ALOT of tears and visits to the NICU, someplace I hope to NEVER go back to. We got the word monday morning that if he could go 72 hours with no oxygen, they would consider sending him home; when we heard that, we only told the immediate family because we didn't want to jinx ourselves. Wednesday evening we found out that thursday morning would be his circumcision and he would be released friday morning. Everything went fine thursday and Friday around 330pm, we had custody of Jake. We made it home last night around 930, unloaded the car, fed and changed the kids and everyone was in bed by 1030. The first night went smoothly, nothing major happened except Ms. Addy pooped through her diaper and need a clothing change in the middle of the night.

Andy had PT this morning and when he got home we got ready and ate breakfast and headed to Target and Babies'R Us for somethings that we still needed for the nursery or learned we needed; like baby straightjackets, we are crossing our fingers that the SwaddleMe's work tonight. Laundry is in the process of being finished, suitcases are unpacked, Jake is digging the swing and Addy is in the sling while I type and Andy finishes picking up the living room.

I'm confident that Andy and I can take care of both babies together, what worries me is come Monday morning and it's me against the 2 kids......I know it will all be fine, hell I'm used to 4 babies when I worked up at the CDC, but they weren't all on the same schedule. So it should be interesting and I'm already prepared to not be able to shower until at least 4pm.

In other news, Andy's foot is still messed up, he's on profile for another week and then will go back and hopefully this time they will do an xray, they said rest would fix it.......it hasn't.

Rebel and Texas are still very inquisitive of the kids, I think they are thinking that we should stop going to that store that has babies cause they are almost outnumbered. They are all getting used to each other, however if Rebel would quit trying to steal paci's we would be doing good.

0 comments: