Another visit to Labor and Delivery on saturday morning. After the friday afternoon trip to Panama City Beach to see my brother we got back around 11pm, crashed when we got home. I woke up saturday morning and realized I hadn't felt Addy move since around 5pm the day before. I had also been having alot of Braxton Hicks contractions friday and saturday so I didn't know if they were related and she wasn't handling the contractions or not. I checked on her with the heart doppler and all I could find was one in the 50-60 bpm range, so I started panicing, she finally moved enough to get off of her cord (I'm guessing) and it went up to normal 130's then it started racing into the 160's and everywhere in between. After consulting Andy and talking to the on call nurse, it was to Labor and Delivery we go.
We were there for 3 hours, monitored their heart rates, my contractions and we got an ultrasound. Addy and Jake are doing great, my blood pressure is probably going to be permanatly high worrying around her laying on the cord. We got to see Addy kick Jake in the crotch and several times in the head. She is breech and he is head down. She is weighing in at a hefty 1lb. 6 oz and he is 1lb 5oz and both are measuring roughly a week ahead, average according to BabyCenter is approx. 1lb. The oncall doctor from our office is very very happy with their size. The contractions I was having were registering, but not consistent so it was classified as irritablity and that we can expect it to continue and get more frequent the bigger we get since my body thinks we are 31ish weeks rather than 23 weeks. As of today they haven't been happening all that often, knock on wood, so we are thinking the 1.5-2 hour car ride down to Florida the day before didn't help so those visits are going to have to be curbed. I can't travel past the end of May anyways so we will spending lots of time at the pool here on post.
Sunday Andy has worked on his honey-do list, he sprayed the weeds in the flower bed so he can lay mulch, attacked some ant piles, did 5 loads of laundry, and is now vacuuming. Eric brought a bunch of clothes that my nephew has grown out of, Jake will not need any clothes through 18 months, he's got more than her.......for now, just an added reason to shop for the cute girly clothes. So I sat on the couch watching Son-in-Law and sorted and folded clothes all afternoon after we ran to Lowe's. So an enjoyable end to the weekend.
0 comments:
Post a Comment