Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The letters A and B

So I decided to start on the alphabet with the kids. I don't know what pace we will go at, but yesterday we did letter A and today the letter B.

For A:
we read about Noah's Ark from the kids toddler Bible
glued pictures of alligators, apples and arks to their yellow paper (yellow in spanish is amarillo, hey I was grasping here)

For B:
read Brown Bear, Brown Bear (you see the blank wall? I'm going to paint it. No idea what though)
blew bubbles (this worked twofold, one it was the letter B, but it is also a great tool for speech. The /b/ sound and pursing the lips to blow)
We used blue paper to glue boats on

The lessons are kept short, because come on, 2 two year olds are not going to have a long attention span. The bubbles however were a huge hit.

1 comments:

TexasCoy said...

Great job Lisa, Addy and Jake! And Oh lord, bubbles are like cat nip for toddlers.